This article is from the source 'independent' and was first published or seen on . It last changed over 40 days ago and won't be checked again for changes.
You can find the current article at its original source at http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/tunisia-attack-raf-returns-bodies-of-nine-more-british-victims-after-terror-attack-on-beach-10361636.html
The article has changed 6 times. There is an RSS feed of changes available.
Version 3 | Version 4 |
---|---|
Tunisia attack: RAF returns bodies of nine more British victims after Sousse beach terror attack | |
(35 minutes later) | |
The bodies of nine more Britons murdered on a Tunisian beach last week have arrived in the UK. | The bodies of nine more Britons murdered on a Tunisian beach last week have arrived in the UK. |
The individuals were victims of the attack on 26 June. 38 people, 30 of them British, died after Seifeddine Rezgui, 23, attacked tourists at a popular British holiday destination in Sousse, south of the capital Tunis. | The individuals were victims of the attack on 26 June. 38 people, 30 of them British, died after Seifeddine Rezgui, 23, attacked tourists at a popular British holiday destination in Sousse, south of the capital Tunis. |
The nine coffins left Tunis earlier today and were flown to Brize Norton by RAF aircraft, arriving at 3pm this afternoon. | The nine coffins left Tunis earlier today and were flown to Brize Norton by RAF aircraft, arriving at 3pm this afternoon. |
Lisa, 50, and her husband William Graham, 51, died in the attack | Lisa, 50, and her husband William Graham, 51, died in the attack |
Those now repatriated are: Lisa, 50, and her husband William Graham, 51, from Bankfoot, Scotland; Philip Heathcote, 52, from Felixstowe, Suffolk; Trudy Jones, 51, from Blackwood, south Wales; husband and wife Ann and James McQuire, 63 and 66, from Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire; Janet, 63, and husband John Stocker, 74, from Crawley, West Sussex; and David Thompson, 80, from Tadley, Hampshire. | Those now repatriated are: Lisa, 50, and her husband William Graham, 51, from Bankfoot, Scotland; Philip Heathcote, 52, from Felixstowe, Suffolk; Trudy Jones, 51, from Blackwood, south Wales; husband and wife Ann and James McQuire, 63 and 66, from Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire; Janet, 63, and husband John Stocker, 74, from Crawley, West Sussex; and David Thompson, 80, from Tadley, Hampshire. |
Yesterday eight bodies were repatriated and unloaded in front of family members at the RAF base in Oxfordshire. | Yesterday eight bodies were repatriated and unloaded in front of family members at the RAF base in Oxfordshire. |
The total British toll of the massacre stands at 30, Foreign Secretary Phillip Hammond confirmed, and said that all the victims had now been identified. He did not expect the count to increase. | The total British toll of the massacre stands at 30, Foreign Secretary Phillip Hammond confirmed, and said that all the victims had now been identified. He did not expect the count to increase. |
Post mortem reports will be carried out on all the bodies before they are released, with the first inquests into the deaths in Tunisia opened at West London Coroner's Court on Thursday. Further inquests are expected to following on the proceeding days. | Post mortem reports will be carried out on all the bodies before they are released, with the first inquests into the deaths in Tunisia opened at West London Coroner's Court on Thursday. Further inquests are expected to following on the proceeding days. |