This article is from the source 'bbc' and was first published or seen on . It will not be checked again for changes.

You can find the current article at its original source at http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/uk/7065942.stm

The article has changed 6 times. There is an RSS feed of changes available.

Version 1 Version 2
Royal 'targeted by blackmailers' Royal 'targeted by blackmailers'
(about 7 hours later)
Buckingham Palace has refused to discuss a report that a member of the Royal Family has been the subject of a blackmail attempt.Buckingham Palace has refused to discuss a report that a member of the Royal Family has been the subject of a blackmail attempt.
According to the Sunday Times, the case involves allegations of drugs and sex.According to the Sunday Times, the case involves allegations of drugs and sex.
A Palace spokesperson would only say it was a police matter and Scotland Yard was investigating.A Palace spokesperson would only say it was a police matter and Scotland Yard was investigating.
Police said two men, aged 30 and 40, appeared before City of Westminster magistrates on 13 September accused of blackmail and were remanded in custody.Police said two men, aged 30 and 40, appeared before City of Westminster magistrates on 13 September accused of blackmail and were remanded in custody.
They will next appear at the Old Bailey in December.They will next appear at the Old Bailey in December.
The Sunday Times says two men demanded £50,000 from a member of the Royal Family, threatening to go public with the allegations if their demand was not met.The Sunday Times says two men demanded £50,000 from a member of the Royal Family, threatening to go public with the allegations if their demand was not met.
A spokeswoman for Scotland Yard said the magistrates hearing had been held "in camera", or in private, and that reporting restrictions had been imposed to prevent the victim or witnesses from being identified.