This article is from the source 'bbc' and was first published or seen on . The next check for changes will be

You can find the current article at its original source at https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c70z48wy9neo

The article has changed 4 times. There is an RSS feed of changes available.

Version 0 Version 1
Teen convicted of murder after boy, 13, found dead in Oldbury Teen convicted of murder after boy, 13, found dead in Oldbury
(32 minutes later)
Jahziah Coke, 13, died after he was stabbed at a house in Oldbury
A teenager has been found guilty of murder, after a 13-year-old was stabbed and found dead in a house.A teenager has been found guilty of murder, after a 13-year-old was stabbed and found dead in a house.
The body of Jahziah Coke, who was stabbed in the stomach and chest, was discovered in Oldbury, near Birmingham, by paramedics responding to a 999 call on 29 August.The body of Jahziah Coke, who was stabbed in the stomach and chest, was discovered in Oldbury, near Birmingham, by paramedics responding to a 999 call on 29 August.
The trial at Wolverhampton Crown Court was told the defendant, who cannot be named because of his age, fled the scene and caught a bus to a female friend's house.The trial at Wolverhampton Crown Court was told the defendant, who cannot be named because of his age, fled the scene and caught a bus to a female friend's house.
The teenager had denied murder, claiming the wounds were not deliberate, but a jury returned a guilty verdict on Friday. The teenager had denied murder, claiming the wounds were not deliberate, but a jury returned a guilty verdict, by a majority of 10 to two, on Friday.
This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version. The jury, made up of eight women and four men, deliberated the verdict for two days until they were given a majority direction by the judge.
You can receive Breaking News on a smartphone or tablet via the BBC News App. You can also follow @BBCBreaking on X to get the latest alerts. A man in his 40s, who had been accused of assisting an offender, was found not guilty.
Follow BBC Birmingham on BBC Sounds, Facebook, X and Instagram.