This article is from the source 'bbc' and was first published or seen on . It will not be checked again for changes.

You can find the current article at its original source at http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/8123223.stm

The article has changed 4 times. There is an RSS feed of changes available.

Version 1 Version 2
Man on murder charge over fire Teenager in court over fire death
(about 22 hours later)
A woman whose body was found in a burnt out house in Nottingham died as a result of the fire, tests have shown. An 18-year-old man has appeared in court charged with murder, arson and burglary after a woman's body was found in a burnt out house in Nottingham.
Police believe her to be Susie Southern, 54, but said she had yet to be formally identified. William Rowbotham, of Raymede Drive in Bestwood, Nottingham, has been remanded in custody to appear at Nottingham Crown Court on 13 July.
Her body was found in her home in South Snape Close, Bulwell, early on Thursday. Her husband escaped. The woman, believed to be 54-year-old Susie Southern, was found at home in South Snape Close, Bulwell on Thursday.
William Rowbotham, 18, of Raymede Drive in Bestwood, Nottingham, is due to appear before Nottingham magistrates on Monday charged with her murder. Her body has still to be identified, but tests confirm she died in the fire.
Toxicology tests Mrs Southern's husband escaped the fire without injury.
He was also charged with burglary with intent to steal from a different address in South Snape Close. A 35-year-old local man arrested as part of the investigation has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
A spokesman for Nottinghamshire Police said he faced a further charge of arson with intent to endanger life.
Mrs Southern's body was discovered on the first floor of the badly-damaged house. It had initially been unclear whether she died in the fire or had already been dead when the blaze started.
A post mortem examination was carried out on Sunday at the Leicester Royal Infirmary and detectives are awaiting the results of toxicology tests.
Meanwhile, a 35-year-old local man arrested as part of the investigation has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
Advertisement
The house was badly damaged in the fire.